Terms and Conditions
- “Booking Form” means the form relating to the booking or re-booking of the Participant for a session as set out at the booking stage of the website
- “Carer” means the person who attends the class with the Participant and is responsible for their welfare
- “Session(s) means a Half Backs class described on the Booking Form
- “Coach” means the individual engaged by Half Backs Sport Ltd. to lead sessions. Whilst every effort will be taken to maintain the consistency of the Coaches Half Backs retains the right to retain the right to change the coaching staff where necessary
- “Fees” means the value chargeable to attend Sessions, as specified on the Booking Form
- “Parent” means a parent or legal guardian of the Participant who will be responsible for the payment of the Fees and who is the contracting party to this contract and who shall (if the Carer is not the Parent) be responsible for compliance with these Terms & Conditions by the Carer
- “Participant” means the child who is attending or who is booked on to a Half Backs Session who details are specified by the Parent or Carer on the Booking Form
- “Premises” means the location where the Sessions take place
- “Half Backs” means Half Backs Sport Ltd as named on the Booking Form, the company or person with whom you have entered into this contract in respect of the provision of Sessions.
- “Terms & Conditions” means the terms and conditions set out in this document and any special terms and conditions agreed in writing by Half Backs and the Parent
- “Website” means the website at halfbacks.co.uk
- All agreements and issues relating to the leading of the sessions by Half Backs to the Participant and the on-going communication with Coaches, back office staff and Half Backs head office are subject to the Terms & Conditions to the exclusion of all others.
- No variation or addition to the Terms & Conditions shall be binding unless agreed in writing by Half Backs and the Parent.
- These Terms & Conditions shall be deemed to be accepted by the Parent and the Carer once the box is ticked on the Booking Form and confirmation of payment of Fees has been received by Half Backs.
- Half Backs may cancel this contract at any time before the Participant commences a Term, for any reason whatsoever. Half Backs shall not be responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from such cancellation but will refund Fees paid for the remaining Classes in the Term.
- By agreeing to these Terms & Conditions the Parent and/or Carer agrees not to share any aspects of Half Backs programme with a third party who may be involved in a business that operates in the same market as Half Backs. The Parent and/or Carer will not be involved directly or indirectly with such a company.
- The Parent and/or Carer will not take, replicate or use any Half Backs material directly or indirectly for his/her own use or for use by any third party
- The Parent and/or Carer agree not to directly or indirectly be involved or interested in the any business which competes with Half Backs while the participant is a pupil of Half Backs and for a period on one year thereafter.
- Parent/Carer Obligation
- The Parent warrants that the information provided on the Booking Form is accurate and up to date in all respects at the point of booking. Any changes will be sent by the Parent and/or Carer to Half Backs immediately.
- It is the Parent and/or Carer’s responsibility to inform Half Backs of any special medical conditions at the point of booking. This includes behavioural disorders.
- The Participant and/or Parent and/or Carer must not attend any Class whilst suffering from any serious illness or contagious disease or anything similar thereto.
- During all Classes the Parent and/or Carer agrees and accepts the sole responsibility, general conduct and care for the Participant during the Class and whilst on the Premises.
- Half Backs does not allow the Parent and/or Carer to leave the Participant for any amount of time before, during or after a Class.
- Half Backs shall have the sole right to exclude the Participant and/or Parent and/or Carer either permanently or for such period as Half Backs shall (in its entire discretion) determine if deemed necessary for the safety and well being of other participants or parents or carers.
- Limitation of liability
- The Parent and/or Carer agrees that any claim made against Half Backs will be made in writing within 30 days of the incident taking place and failure to report in writing within this time will negate any such claim.
- The maximum aggregate liability for Half Backs to the Participant, Parent and/or Carer will not exceed the Fees.
- Neither Half Backs nor any Coach, coaches assistant nor any employee, agent or other representative accepts responsibility in respect of loss, damage or expense incurred by a Participant, Parent and/or Carer arising directly or indirectly or in any way connected with the attendance of the Participant, Parent and/or Carer at Classes (or any Class) or any other act or omission on the part of Half Backs, its Coaches, coaches assistants, employees, agents and/or representatives.
- All warranties and conditions whether implied by statute or otherwise are excluded from this contract provided that nothing in this contract shall restrict or excluded liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Half Backs, it Coaches, coaches assistants, employees, agents and/or representatives or affects the statutory rights of the parent or Participant.
- The Parent and/or Carer agrees that any product purchased from the Half Backs merchandise store is to be used at their own risk. Half Backs will not accept responsibility for any personal injury which may occur due to improper use. As a consequence, Half Backs recommends that all equipment is used under the supervision of a Parent/Carer.
- Fees & Payment
- The Parent shall pay the Fees for the Term to Half Backs prior to the Participant commencing a Term.
- The Fees are not refundable in any circumstances whatsoever other than with the written consent of Half Backs.
- See appendix 1 for Birthday Party payments.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions the Parent consents that the data provided (non-financial) can be shared within Half Backs ltd.
- The Parent shall indemnify and keep indemnified Half Backs against all loss (including loss of profit), liability, cost and expenses which Half Backs may incur directly or indirectly as a consequence of any action or inaction of the Parent, Carer and/or Participant.
- Any notices to be sent by either party to the other shall be sent by pre-paid recorded delivery or hand delivered to the address of the relevant party and shall be deemed to have been received by the addressee within 48 hours of posting or immediately if hand delivered.
- The failure by either party to enforce at any time or for any period any one or more of the obligations arising under this contract shall not be a waiver of them or of the right at any time subsequently to enforce any or all of such obligations.
- These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties hereto and supersedes prior agreements and understandings between the parties.
- This contract shall be governed by the laws of England and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
“Half Backs Sport” is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
“Half Backs Sport” may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from [August 2016].
What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- health information related to participants
- information relevant to child protection i.e. photography consent.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping.
We may use the information to improve our products and services.
We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We will never pass your details onto third parties unless consent has been sought.
Links To Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Cancellations & Rebooking
If for any reason we need to cancel the party we will give you as much notice as possible and we will try to reschedule in the first instance, of if this is not possible offer you a full refund or HalfBacks Sports classes to the same value.
To book a party please use email firstname.lastname@example.org. Any issues with booking please call Heather on 07779716327
Parties are not secured until payment has been made in full
Places can be held with written confirmation or a 50% deposit payment.
Full details of the party, its location and other details will be confirmed via email once you have booked for and paid for the party.
Video and photography
Please note that we may take photographs to be used for Half Backs marketing, please confirm parental consent for children prior to the party.
Final Balance Payments
Parties:50% of the balance, is payable 1 months prior to party date, final balance payment is due 1 week prior to the party date, parties booked with less than 1 months to wedding date, 50% balance is payable on booking, final balance payment is due prior to the party date, either by bank transfer cheque or cash.
Account Number: 01506360
Sort Code: 77 72 34
Reference: please use the reference PARTYSURNAME for example PARTYSMITH
Cheque’s payable to: Half Backs Sport Ltd.
Deposits are non-refundable. Full payment of party is required if cancellation is within 48hours of the party date, 50% of cake balance is required if cancellation is within 1 month of the party date.
Child Protection and Safeguarding
Half Backs Sport is committed to keeping all participants safe at all times. We have a comprehensive child protection policy that can be viewed upon request.
Coach to participant ratios will never exceed one coach per eight children.
For parties, organisers will be asked to provide any relevant health or access information in advance of the party.
Half Backs Sport will ask the party organiser to carry out a risk assessment of the activity area if at private residential premises. For any activity taking part in public spaces or where Half Backs Sport has sourced the venue, they will be responsible for venue specific risk assessments.
Half Backs Sport has insurance required for the business to deliver classes and parties, please note this does not cover personal injury where Half Backs Sport is not at fault. Physical Activity does carry a risk of personal injury it is advised that personal insurance is obtained to cover personal injury.